Findley Lake

I love going to Findley lake... it brings back so many memories of my childhood years. This past weekend was the first chance I had to go up there this summer. Unfortunately it was a little cloudy and even rained a little, but that did not stop the fun.

Elizabeth, Christopher, April, and I enjoyed ourselves swimming, knee boarding, skiing, and playing king of the floaty thing. My little cousin Brian and a friend of his joined the fun as well. It made for a great Sunday afternoon and even more memories.

It was April's first visit to the Cottage, and it was great to have her there and share in that part of my life. She wasn't very impressed when I put her red tank top on. I have no idea why she didn't like it. oh well... someone out there thinks I'm hot.

Why do we have memories? Why do places, events, things, people, songs from our past come to mind from time to time? What is it about those things that cause us to have various emotional reponses; whether good or bad, happy or sad? I'm thankful for most of my memories... but there are some things I wish I could forget. Maybe they are to be a guide to the future... I enjoy doing 360's on the kneeboard every year... but why do I repeatedly make the same mistakes and feel the pain of failure again and again.

8 Comments:
Babe,
I really do not think that you look "hot" in my tank top. In fact it looks very scary! :OP I love you, but the tank top is just too much! :o) My face says it all! I love you! Love, Me
Honey,
You're just jealous I look so good in your shirt! :-P
I love you...
Phil you DO look pretty hot in that thing... I'd wear it.
Thanks Greg, you're the BEST!!!
Ill second that greg
that memory thing,its just letting out the poetry in your soul brother.
I like the pitcher of Christopher in the pink vest.
Check out thoughs arms!!!
Thanks, your the best:)
Post a Comment
<< Home