How Much More!
Yesterday I was reading in "My Utmost for His Highest." It never ceases to amaze me at how our Lord will speak to us through His Word. He is so personal! The passage was taken from Matthew 6:30-34:30 "Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31"Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 "For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Later in the day I was tested in the area of worry. I won't lie, I failed. I worried about how we are going to be able to buy a home, if I truly make Philip happy, and if we will ever be able to start a family. Then my past comes creeping back... you know the lies you've let yourself believe about you and others for so long it is hard to discern the Truth sometimes. That is when I knew I was being faced with the fact that I was dealing with something in my soul. I was ignoring "dealing" with stuff. In "dealing" I mean giving it up. Which is so funny because Amy and I were just having this conversation the other day. Sometimes I forget to give the Lord my pain, I forget to tell Him that I am believing the lies. So last night at 1:00 in the morning I had my talk with the Lord. I laid down before Him all of the worries, all of the thoughts, and asked Him to teach me to trust Him. It was so refreshing because I also remember that He forgives me and wipes things clean. I can start new with Him and not have ANY fear of Him giving up on me! What an amazing God we serve! Then, little did I know that the one statement in "My Utmost for His Highest" that stuck out to me earlier in the day would be the "theme" of my evening. It states: "We have allowed the cares of the world to come in, and have forgotten the "much more" of our Heavenly Father." How much more does the Lord love us?! He provides and cares for the birds of the air, the grass, and other parts of creation that are not nearly as important to Him as we are, so why wasn't I believing Him? What a humbling lesson!
On a lighter note and completely off subject. Philip and I are addicted to watching 24! We have seasons 1 - 4 and can't stop watching them! Let me know if any of you are as addicted as we are. The plots in them are so good! Take care and I love you all! -April

5 Comments:
I love you baby...
love, me
Yes Lord! April, thanks for sharing that. I am going to remember to tell Him when I am believing the lies. I was faced with that this morning. I did not know what to do, but then, thank goodness for the gracious and perfectly timed Holy Spirit, I was reminded to go to Him and pray.
Love you…wish I could see you and hug you!
And, I have not been able to rent the first season of 24, but I heard it rocked and we will be addicted soon enough!
Love, Linds
April,
I definately know what you mean. I go through that every day it seems. When I get up I think about all of the stuff I have to accomplish in the next week, and I lose focus on what I need to do today. Isn't it great that the Lord is always there reminding us that we don't have to worry? And I like 24, I don't think I am addicted to it, but I am addicted to CSI, it's a good show too.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The deleted comment above, that was me. I somehow duplicated my comment, and then deleted the one, and it came up with that crazy message. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home